Andrew Smith's Blog

My name is Andrew. Come and have a look inside my life and watch me share what is on my heart.

Courageous By Randy Alcorn Book Review



Screenplay By Alex Kendrick and Stephen Kendrick

Adam Mitchell, Nathan Hayes, Shane Fuller, David Thomson are deputies in Albany, Georgia. They are committed to fighting crime and protecting their citizens. But all of the men are struggling to become the fathers they are called by God to be. Adam has a hard time connecting with his son, Dylan. He finds it much easier to bond with his daughter, Emily. All of the men have to come to face with the reality that they aren’t being the best fathers that they can be. A sudden tragedy awakened their hearts causing them to step up their game and change their ways before it is too late. They decide that they must take a declaration to God and their families to change their ways. Will they be able to success? Can they save their families and become closer together during a tragedy?



A quote that jumped out at me was:

“Some in prison were free in their hearts while many outside were slaves to their appetites” (321).



I have to say that I enjoyed reading this book immensely. My father and mother have always been there for me. But there are so many children who are fatherless and never knew their Earthly father. I never completely realized how blessed I was that my parents have stayed together and have been here for me to lead me to become more like Christ. I really felt the pain of Dylan and Adam’s relationship. They hardly spend time together and they had to work on it. It encouraged me to respect my father and communicate with him more fully. Even if you have different interests you have to bend and try to enjoy what they like to do. I truly believe this book will help me to grow into a father one day.



I would recommend this book to teenagers and adults. If you don’t know your father this book will help you to see it differently. You have a father in Heaven who loves you very much! It will help fathers to see who God has made them to be and it isn’t too late to change. If you haven’t been a great father then read this book and you will see you’re not alone! But with God’s help you can become a better father! This book isn’t only for father’s women will enjoy this story as well.



Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.


If you would like to purchase a copy of Courageous then check it out on Amazon.com:
Read Chapter 1:




Questions and Answers with Randy Alcorn:




This book is also a movie that will be released in Theaters on September 30.



Check out Courageous Trailer:




Follow Randy Alcorn on Twitter:




Follow Randy Alcorn on Facebook:

0 comments:

Post a Comment