Andrew Smith's Blog

My name is Andrew. Come and have a look inside my life and watch me share what is on my heart.

Thriving at College: Make Great Friends, Keep Your Faith, and Get Ready for the Real World! by Alex Chediak Book Review


Thriving at College is a guide that helps to prepare students for the college life. Alex Chediak is an associate professor at California Baptist University. He teaches physics and engineering. Alex knows the insides and outsides of the college lifestyle. He discussed ten most common mistakes that students make while in college. He has researched and added some statistics to bring light to the issues he has seen. Some of the mistakes included chucking your Faith, refusing to grow up, distorting dating and romance, treating college as if it were high school, and much more. The book will teach you how to work hard and how to find balance in college.
Thriving in College is aimed at students who are considering going to college. I would recommend this book to anyone who is a high school student or a college student. But parents should also read this book in order to help their children succeed in college. If you need a gift for graduation this book could immensely help lead your children down the right path.
I learned to make sure I live in balance every single day. I have to make special time to relax but I need to also work hard on my academics. God requires us to work hard like we are working for him in everything we do. I liked how Alex included scripture and facts to discuss the important of his topics. Alex has helped me to see that I need to make wise choice of friends. He doesn’t want people to forget to keep studying God’s word while you attend college. He doesn’t want you to lose your Faith in college like so many students do. If you are headed to college or already in college get this book it will help you out!
Thriving in College is available at Amazon.com for purchase:
Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment