Andrew Smith's Blog

My name is Andrew. Come and have a look inside my life and watch me share what is on my heart.

Killing Lions: A Guide Through the Trials Young Men Face by John Eldredge and Sam Eldredge Book Review



I’m a member of the Family Christian Bloggers and they provided me with a free copy of Killing Lions for this review.

 

Killing Lions is a book written by John Eldredge and his son, Sam Eldredge. This is Sam’s first book that he has written. The book is constructed as conversations between father and son. It is written as a critical guide to assisting young boys transforming into grown men. The book covered topics such as career changes, financial, love, changing our inner beliefs about ourselves and discovering our new identity, fighting like a warrior against the true enemy, and standing strong in our personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

 

I would recommend this amazing book to anyone who is yearning to learn how to be an effective man. This book is more geared towards young men but adults could still benefit from reading this book. I especially enjoyed that the book was written from a father and son perceptive and I believe this greatly will assist young men. The book was very relatable and I liked how John reinforced the importance of why isn’t good for man to be alone and he shared that God created women to be a mystery. John also strongly suggested learning about the femininity heart. I think this is great advice for young men and older men and this could help improve our relationships. Another big thing the book taught me was changing the inner scripts that are running wild in my brain. Sam revealed throughout the book he struggled with fear and he didn’t believe that he was a good enough writer. John talked about how men seek validation from God and the man in us gets our identity from Him. I immensely love how the authors included a prayer for guidance in the back of the book, a daily prayer, and a prayer for sexual healing. If you’re looking an excellent book that could change men lives, then read this book!

 

If you would like to purchase a copy of Killing Lions, then check it out on Family Christian:

 

http://www.familychristian.com/catalog/product/view/id/267682/

0 comments:

Post a Comment