
He stated how Jeremiah was called to be a prophet. But at the start of it he was just a young teen. God reminded him that He created and formed him in his mother’s womb. He was seeing himself as too introverted, too weak, too young, and was too afraid to step out. God reminded him that he knew him before. God was trying to teach him to see him as He sees him.
Steven goes on to helping readers to see how God knew us in the beginning and it was our true you. He stated how we need to see ourselves free from depression, us filled with peace no matter what happens to us, and overcoming bad habits and obtaining freedom. He shared mindsets that we can all live by throughout the chapters. These included, “I’m not stuck unless I stop, Christ is in me. I am enough, God has given me everything I need for the season I’m in”, and much more.
One of my favorite lesson discussed do we really know and understand our worth. Are we valuing ourselves? Looking in the Bible we will discover our worth and how much God loves us. The Holy Spirit lives inside us. We are more than a conqueror. We have the mind of Christ. We are chosen and called.
I would recommend this book mainly to any teenager or young adult but any age could benefit and learn more about being the true you. A lot of us struggle with our true identity and living in our authentic self. I thought this book was unique in also sharing lessons from his own children and what they have went through and learned growing up. I believe this will help other teens to realize that their struggles aren’t so much different. It helped to see their experience with their own identity and struggles with being who God created them to be.
0 comments:
Post a Comment