Andrew Smith's Blog

My name is Andrew. Come and have a look inside my life and watch me share what is on my heart.

Let It Go: Forgive So You Can Be Forgiven By T.D. Jakes Book Review



Let It Go is written to provide enormous benefits to readers who are having trouble with forgiving offences. Offences come in petty and gigantic life alteration displayed by our actions, words, and unspoken expectations. No matter if the offences occurred as big or small, if unforgiveness consumes and plagues our hearts it will hinder our growth. Unforgiveness unchecked affects our relationship with our spouses, our children, our family members, our work environment, the ability to truly connect and fellowship with church members, and any other person we interactive with daily. We may think those around us aren't suffering from our bitterness and hurt. But our relationships need our commitment to forgive and let offences go. Bishop Jakes believed forgiveness is a "big idea" and it takes a great Eagle like thinking to forgive ourselves and others. Bishop Jakes affirmed that unforgiveness is the hidden cancer of the soul eating us alive and stopping us from living. Most people don't deal with the cancer that they can cure! We often fail to comprehend that you can't be in relationships that won't produce some conflict along the way. Disappointments, hurts, offences will happen and moving through the pain and healing enable us to live.




Bishop Jakes described that most people haven't showed others the 100 percent of themselves. Most of us don't even realize that we have put up walls around our hearts. If we would let the bitterness go we would be a new person, a better spouse, a better employee, church member, pastor, and friend! Forgiving ourselves for our failures and shortcomings is the first step in experiencing freedom and extending our love out to others. The Bible says, "To love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to love our neighbor as we love ourselves" (Matthew 37-39) (Page 186). You can't give away forgiveness and love if you haven't received God's love and forgiveness. It's extremely vital you love and forgive the person he created! Once you have accepted his mercy, then you can extend that same forgiveness to other people who have betrayed you.



Bishop Jakes illustrated that we have four types of wounded warriors. They are the insulator, isolator, the inhibitor, and the bully. This book proved to me that I was an isolator and that I would withdraw in conflict and pain. I feared rejection that people would treat me just like the other person treated me. I thought hiding from the past experience of pain would fix the issue and protect my heart from being disappointment ever again. This book has helped me to start living free again without letting the disappointments and hurts run and control my everyday life. You have an obligation from God to love others and to forgive others, why don't you start doing it?




I would recommend getting this enriching life changing book resource and add it to your collection. This book is for anyone who is holding on to unforgiveness whether it is pain in your childhood, relationships, marriage, church, employment, or any other type of pain. This book is not for the people who can't stand to hear the truth and hate to read a message about forgiveness. Bishop Jakes doesn't hold back, you better brace yourself and be open and willing to deal with the issues and roots! This book is wrote as a how to forgive, how to move forward, and how the effects of unforgiveness can be deadly. I have personally brought into the lie that if I forgive people who have caused me heartache that they are getting away with hurting me. I thought that I was allowing them to continue in their ways without punishment. But who am I do inflict the same pain they put me through. God gets me mercy every day and I need to give them mercy. I loved how Bishop Jakes preached the truth with conviction and he included magnificent Biblical support. This book revealed so much helpful information of forgiving and moving forward with my life. I will be keeping this book close to me and I will be reading it when new offences try to make me buy into the bitterness root again. You don't have to remain stuck as a chicken and living at less than 100 percent of your true free self. An Eagle living at 100 percent captivity can be achieved for any man or woman who is willing to forgive and rise above the adversities that we encounter! This book changed my life and I pray that it changes yours too! Freedom is arriving! Are you ready?


Check out Let It Go on Bishop T.D. Jakes website:

http://tdjakes.org/letitgo/


If you would like to purchase a copy of Let It Go check it out on Amazon.com or ChristianBook.com:

3 comments:

This sounds like an interesting book. Thanks for your thoughts and the review. :O)

 

Whatѕ uр thіѕ is kind οf
of off topic but I waѕ ωonԁеring if blogs use WYSIWYG edіtors
or if you haѵe to manually coԁe with ΗTΜL.
Ӏ'm starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

Here is my blog post :: lloyd irvin

 

If some оne deѕігes to be updated with mοst up-to-ԁate technоlοgieѕ afterward hе must bе vіsit this website and be up to date all the time.


Feel free tо ѕurf to my web blog reputation management

 

Post a Comment