Andrew Smith's Blog

My name is Andrew. Come and have a look inside my life and watch me share what is on my heart.

The Power of Weakness: Embracing the True Source of Strength By Dan Schaffer




I’m a member of the Family Christian Bloggers and they provided me with a free copy of The Power of Weakness for this review.

 

In Power of Weakness, Dan Schaffer explores the biblical truths found in God’s word about power despite our weakness. Many of us realize that we are inheritably weak and apart from Christ we aren’t able to be who we were created to be. Throughout the book, we dive into scriptural verses concerning the live of Paul. One of the main verses was 2 Corinthians 2:9-10 which basically describes how God gives us grace and his power is perfect and shown in weakness. Paul was content that he had weaknesses and for Christ’s sake for when he is weak he is strong. Dan also guides readers into overcoming danger, despair, baggage, fear, inadequacy, abuse, and so much more.

 

I would recommend this amazing book to anyone who is struggling with inadequacy and weakness and they are seeking to improve their lives and discovering the power found in Christ. I liked how Dan also shared how God used people who thought they were weak and unqualified for what God was calling them to do. For instance, God called Moses to lead His chosen people out of Pharaoh’s control. Moses considered himself a weak person and not much of an effective leader and he felt uncalled to lead. But God gave Moses power through his weakness. I connected to the story of Moses because at times I have felt fearful of doing what God has called me to do and unqualified for the task and afraid I would fail and bring shame to myself and Christ. This book has taught me how to recognize the power found in Christ. I also immensely loved the rest-release program presented in this book and I truly believe this will assist many believers. If you’re looking for a book to help you discover the power establish only in Christ, then read this book!

 

If you would like to purchase a copy of The Power of Weakness, then check it out on Family Christian:

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment