Andrew Smith's Blog

My name is Andrew. Come and have a look inside my life and watch me share what is on my heart.

Journey of My Run Week : 1 Day 1

Week 1


Day 1 - Friday, April 16

My day one run/walk was a little difficult and challenging. I ran and walked around the park near my house. I would run a half a lap, then I would walk a half of a lap. I went a total of four laps around the park. The park walking track is in a big circle on level ground for the most part. The first day did make me a little bit sore, but it’s because I was not use to it. My side did hurt a little from running. I know it will get easier over time. I am using a Life Wise Digital Pedometer to record my process. The total steps I walked were 26002 steps, which equaled a total of 1.89 miles. I burned 775 calories; the timer said it took me 21 minutes and 48 seconds to complete the work out. I started slow on my first day, since I haven’t run a 5K or even a 1K ever. I did however; take a class in high school in which, I had to run a total of 20 minutes to pass the final. It has been 2 years ago, as a result it’s time for me to get back in shape. I will continue to keep updating. Keep going after your goals. Thank you for all the love and support.

0 comments:

Post a Comment